2 large cloves of garlic
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1/2 lb Roquefort cheese
1 T Worcestershire Sauce
1 t salt (go crazy and use a flavored salt)
1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
1 t Herbs de Provence
1 medium onion
2 T olive oil
6 burger buns
* Mince the cloves of garlic.
* Mix together in a large bowl the ground beef, Roquefort cheese and egg. I like to use my hands.
*Add minced garlic, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and Herbs de Provence and mix again with hands.
* Separate the meat mixture into 6 burger paddies, place on a dish. Add a couple of drops of Worcestershire to each prepared burger. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
* Slice the onion in rounds and sauté in 1 T olive oil until golden or grill.
* To cook, heat 1 T olive oil in the pan used to cook the onion and fry the burgers turning once.
Alternatively, grill the burgers turning once.
Lay a burger on a toasted bun, add sautéed onion, and layer on some delicious pickles from our house to yours.
Pour a glass of Pettrone Sangiovese, call your family to the dinner table, and enjoy!
* For the burgers, I use a ratio of about 1 part Roquefort, 3 parts ground beef.
* Having a party? Separate the burger mixture into 16 mini burgers and serve as sliders.